Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Statement
At Superior Savings Bank, we believe that more diversity, equity and inclusion will drive value for our employees and customers and makes us better able to serve our customers and community. We are stronger as a team that welcomes diverse perspectives, experiences and approaches to foster a stronger, smarter, and more informed bank.
We lead with inclusion first. Our board of directors and bank leadership are invested in diversity of thought. We strive to create an environment where employees are valued, empowered to positively support our business objectives and customers, and recognized for their individual and team contributions. We believe that building a truly inclusive culture is essential for all our employees to bring their authentic, whole selves to work and experience a sense of belonging and support. Our inclusive culture also extends to our customers. We aspire to be a bank where diversity of thought is embraced, and we recognize how this supports our promise to bring the best solutions and products to our customers. We enjoy a workplace built on trust, respect, and valuing difference — where we welcome expressive dialogue, distinct talent, unique perspectives, and inquiry from individuals of various backgrounds. Superior Savings Bank leverages different ideas and unique perspectives to attract and shape a varied and innovative team of highly regarded banking professionals, resulting in an inclusive environment that values every employee’s performance and achievements and equitably meets every customer’s banking and financial needs.
We believe that individuals enhance our culture because of their identity or differences.
We are committed to a nondiscriminatory approach, providing equal opportunity for employment and advancement and treating our customers equitably.
To provide informed, authentic leadership for diversity, equity, and inclusion, Superior Savings Bank strives to:
- Understand diversity, inclusion, and equity as connected to our mission and critical to ensure the well-being of our staff and the communities we serve.
- Acknowledge and dismantle any inequities within our policies, systems, programs, and services.
- Explore potential underlying, unquestioned assumptions that interfere with inclusiveness.
- Support board-level thinking about how systemic inequities impact our work, and how best to address that in a way that is consistent with our mission.
- Challenge entrenched assumptions about being a strong leader, and who has opportunity or sponsorship to assume leadership roles.
- Cultivate respectful communication and cooperation between all employees and with customers. Practice and encourage transparent communication in all interactions.
- Foster teamwork and employee participation, encouraging the representation of all groups and employee perspectives.
- Lead with respect and acceptance of difference. We expect all employees to embrace this notion and to express it in workplace interactions and through everyday practices.
Superior Savings Bank abides by the following action items to help promote diversity and inclusion in our workplace:
- Be more intentional and conscious of bias during the hiring, promoting, or evaluating processes.
- Improve upon processes to ameliorate and remove unconscious bias in our customer service.
- Practice supplier diversity with vendors.
- Challenge systems and policies that create inequity, oppression and disparity.
Our attention to equity, diversity, and inclusion makes us stronger and helps us better serve our customers and our community.
Employees or customers who believe they have been subjected to any kind of discrimination that conflicts with Superior Savings Bank’s diversity, equity, and inclusion statement and initiatives should seek assistance from a supervisor.